People in the lab use many different softwares for all kinds of data analysis. This page helps people know what kind of things & expertise already exists in the lab.
Based on the the licensing, the softwares can be clasified as (in increasing order of "free"-dom ) :
- Commercial license, bought specifically for the lab
- Commercial license, supplied by Max Planck
- Free, Closed-Source
- Free, Open-Source
A more useful classification would be based on the application area of the software. This would require more organization to put up here, but still some preliminary info is available for a start.
- Sequence Analysis : All purpose sequence readers, assemblers, alignment, phylogeny etc.
- Reference management : Different softwares to manage bibliographies / papers / references
- Genetic Mapping : QTL analysis, making of genetic maps
- Statistical Analysis
An alphabetical list of all softwares:
- AntMap : For making genetic linkgae maps.
- Cite-U-Like : Reference management software, free, closed source, online only
- DNA-STAR Suite : All purpose sequence readers, assemblers, alignments etc.
- geneious Suite : All purpose sequence readers, assemblers, alignments etc.
- Mendeley : Reference management software, free, closed source
- Zotero : Reference management software, free, open source